Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here kitty, kitty!

How many of you make puppy chow? I made it when my kids were young, and I find that the "younger" faculty members that I work with seem to have an indescribable love for it. I have not made it for a while, however when I was in Lincoln last weekend at the Farmers Market I saw a new version that was fun. It was called Kitty Chow - and instead of using Crispix cereal, they used Kix! I was intrigued enough that I came home and googled it, and today I tried it out. I took half of it to a co-worker and the other half is being appreciated by MY better half. If you have young kids or are young at heart you better give this one a try!!

KITTY CHOW
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips-semi sweet
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 cups Kix cereal balls
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Microwave the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips together for about 1 min. in the microwave, stirring after 30 seconds. Once it's melted stir in the vanilla and pour it over the Kix cereal in a large bowl. Make sure you thoroughly coat all of the cereal. Pour the powdered sugar into a large sack and add your chocolate covered Kix. Close securely and shake like crazy! I ended up adding more powdered sugar because it wasn't powdery enough for me, you decide how much you want!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Linda, I was looking for something different to take camping.