Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Peanut butter cups are divine...

My sons birthday is coming up later this week. He requested two things: A smoked turkey from Louie, a friend of the family since James was a youngster. And a Peanut butter cup pizza. I ALMOST forgot them both. Just realized last night I had not ordered the turkey, and about an hour ago I happened to think about the dessert. That is why I live my life around a list, keeps me out of trouble. I think that working with preschool age children has given me a shorter attention span. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Well, before I'm distracted again I will post the recipe so I will be able to deliver the ultimate birthday treat on James' GOLDEN birthday!!

TRIPLE PEANUT PIZZA
1 tube (18oz) refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups

Press cookie dough onto a greased 14: pizza pan. Bake @ 350* for 12-15 min. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 4-5 minutes. Spread melted c hips over crust and freeze for 10 min or until set.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Spread over the chocolate layer. Sprinkle with the PB cups and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My daughter loves peanut butter cups so I just found her birthday treat for her Jan. birthday! Thanks for the recipe