Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Poppin' in to say hi.

Does this make you hungry???










I watched this recipe yesterday on the food network; and since I didn't forget about it by today~I decided I should probably try it out. A thought I had while making it was that in the summer time you really don't want to heat up the oven so this would be great! On the other hand, if it's humid it might not keep very long. Guess you'd have to eat it up pronto!!


Chocolate Popcorn Brittle

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter

1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

10 cups of popped popcorn

salt, optional


3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted

3/4 cup white chocolate, melted (I substituted 2 squares vanilla almond bark)

1 cup salted pretzels, crushed (Not one plain pretzel in my house, so I skipped this)


Mix the sugar and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a boil Let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in the crunchy peanut butter, continue to stir until smooth. Add the vanilla and stir again.

In a large mixing bowl, measure out the popcorn. If desired, lightly salt the popcorn. Pour the warm peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir well until completely coated.

On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, pour the coated popcorn and distribute evenly. Drizzle with the melted semis sweet chocolate, then the white chocolate. Sprinkle the crushed pretzels over the warm popcorn. Allow to set about 20 minutes or pop into refrigerator to speed it up. Store tightly covered.


I'm anxious to try this again WITH the pretzels, I'm a big fan of sweet and salty together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum!