Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!

Well, 24 years ago I was quite busy. I was probably calling everyone I knew to tell them that God had blessed us with a little girl. When we came home with Heather her older brother said, "Take her back...I wanted a boy!" As the years have progressed they have grown much closer. It's nice they have each other at this stage of their lives, they really are good friends now.

I asked Heather about her favorite recipe so I could post it here today. That question is very perplexing for both of my kids. It seems that I am a little bit psychotic in my quest to make new and different things, and sometimes I might forget an old favorite since I don't want my repertoire to get dull. Sorry about that kids :-( but I do enjoy new recipes oh so much!

Heather mentioned a coffee cake that she's fond of, and when I went upstairs to find the recipe - one of the first books I grabbed fell open to my monster cookie recipe. If I had a nickle for every time Heather has made these for friends I could buy a bagel in the morning. So that is how I decided on today's recipe. In honor of Heather's birthday I will rename them in the recipe below.


HEATHER'S MONSTER COOKIES

3 eggs
1 C + 2 Tbsp brown sugar (packed)
1 C sugar
3/4 t vanilla
1/8 C white corn syrup
2 t soda
1/2 C margarine - room temp
1 1/2 C peanut butter
4 1/2 C oatmeal
6-8 oz each: m&m's, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips
Note-there is no flour in this recipe

Cream the margarine and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla and corn syrup. Next mix in soda and peanut butter. Last add oats, m&m's, and chocolate/butterscotch chips and combine well.

I use a small meatball scoop and drop onto a greased cookie sheet (parchment paper really works better) and press down slightly, then bake @ 350* about 11 min. Do NOT overbake. Wait 5 min. before removing from the baking sheet to a cooling rack.

This recipe originally came from my husbands sister that lives in California. Our family loves them!



No comments: