Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Do you know where your wattle is?

A turkey has a pouch like area at the front of his throat which is called a wattle.

If you go to MY preschool, you know this and the fact that turkeys hide in trees. You also know that there were 102 people on the Mayflower and that about half of them died during the first winter. You know that American Indian babies are called a papoose and that the mothers hung them in trees to teach them to be quiet. We've been doing lots of bear hunting, enjoying our tee pee and and will tackle headbands on Monday/Tuesday. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thanksgiving.

I made pumpkin bread Thursday night. There are many wonderful recipes for seasonal breads this time of the year. What makes it really special is what I like to spread on my pumpkin bread. Here is a recipe for a yummy cream cheese that take it to a whole new level - and it's so fast and EASY. This is also a winner on bagels.

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread

1 - 8oz cream cheese (room temp or soften 20 seconds in microwave)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
Combine all with a mixer and store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

OH YUM, my mouth watered so much when I read this. Thanks for the post! I'm still reading!!!

Meg