Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ring Christmas Bells!

I'm excited about the Christmas season this year. Our family has decided to draw names which I think is a stupendous idea. No one has the extra cash to blow this year, so 10 of us have exchanged names with a $25 limit and that is that!

This Friday night a group of colleagues are having a dinner gathering at a local art gallery downtown. It's a white elephant exchange, and we have two great gifts lined up. I can't tell you what they are, because someone may read this who is attending.

My preschool children are making decorations and learning songs/finger plays for our open house next Wednesday night. We have a silent craft auction to raise money for school improvements. It's so much fun to see what people donate for it. Last year I got one of the most wonderful hot chocolate mixes (home made) I have ever tasted. Wish I had the recipe to share with you.

One of my little boys this year has funny quotes almost every day. I keep a journal of funnies, I think he will fill a book on his own. Yesterday he told me that he saw Jesus' family in a box, he was talking about a nativity scene! Today he told me that his dad played guitar with Metallica on stage!! I'm going to have to ask his dad about that one. Last week he looked under my table and was amazed that there was no gum there. :-) My days are so wonderful...except for the vomit I cleaned up yesterday morning.

Today we started our advent chains to help the children know how many days there are until Christmas. Do you know how long it takes even the most gifted 4/5 year old to put together a chain of 23 loops? Those small motor skills are under rated people, sooooo important!

We're still eating left overs, we have pie, turkey, stuffing. Tonight I had to do something different, we had kabobs with fried rice. Delish! Unfortunately the grill ran out of gas about 3 seconds after I put them on to cook, so we had to broil them. Still pretty tasty.

I'm on round 2 of my meds for my bronchitis, did I already mention that? I have a follow up appointment with my doctor on the 15th - I hope I finally have this thing kicked by then.

I'm missing my friends Nancy and Bill, we have been ships passing in the night lately. Mike and Bill have birthdays next week so we'll have to get together for some celebrating!

I don't have a recipe post today, I need to think about it more and didn't want to "not post" because of it. I do hope that your holiday season is off to a great start. Pay attention to all those boxes with Jesus family inside, after all we are celebrating his birthday!

No comments: