Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

It's a dilly of a recipe!

Today I'm giving a recipe that is NOT tried and true. I found it in a T.O.H. magazine, and I'm going to make it once the cucumbers start coming in. I love a good dill pickle, but the whole canning process can be quite bothersome. This is a refrigerated version that sparked curiosity for me, and maybe for you too!

REFRIGERATOR DILL PICKLES
15 small pickling cucumbers
40 fresh dill sprigs
2 large onions, thinly sliced
5 garlic cloves, sliced
1 qt. water
1 qt. vinegar
1 cup canning salt

Cut each cucumber lengthwise into 4 spears. In a big bowl combine the cuc's, dill, onions and garlic; set aside. In a dutch oven combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, cook and stir just until salt is dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture and cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before trying. Store in frig for up to 3 months.

No comments: