Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where did July go?

Hello out there, it's me... remember me? July was a lost month I'm afraid. I've had one of my "sick spells" as Mrs. Cravats used to call it on Bewitched when I was growing up. I found out I don't have asthma, hoooray! I do however have a supersized case of acid reflux that I'm trying to leash. This monster rears its ugly head in the form of sinus problems, which leads to bronchial problems, which leads to breathing problems, etc... not the typical acid indigestion you hear of. I require much sleep these days and little activity, not to mention 4 prescriptions. My days of rest are coming to a close - so I hope and pray that Dr. K is able to get me on the path of happiness once again.

My poor Mike has not had much home cookin' lately. I did manage to make a pan of bars tonight, and I think they turned out very well.

Rhubarb Dream Bars
2 cups flour
10 Tablespoons powdered sugar (I intended to measure that out in a cup measure, but didn't sorry)
1 cup real butter (2 sticks)

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp. salt
4 cups diced rhubarb (I had only 3 1/2 cups rhubarb in my freezer so I added 1 cup of frozen blueberries. If you have fresh ingredients, all the better!)

Combine flour, powdered sugar and butter. Mix and pat into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350* for 15 min. Beat eggs, then add sugar, flour, salt and mix well. Fold in rhubarb. Pour over crust and bake for an additional 45 min. Store in the fridge when cooled. Really good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your Doctors appointment provided you with the relief you need!

L the mom said...

3/4 cup of pwd sugar = 10 Tbsp!