Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We saw it! Flying from West to East.

My husband and I took a quick field trip out to a darker part of town, on a hill to try and spy the space station. We saw it and it was bookin' - it took now time and it was gone. I think we're supposed to see it more nights this week, amazing!

I had to shut off my oven with just 2 batches of cookies left to bake, but it was worth it. I waited until late hoping the heat would subside a bit. It's hard to talk myself into heating up the oven when it's warm, and I don't just flip my AC on at the first warm breeze. Humidity plays into it the most.

This cookie recipe is a different one from my usual choc. chip cookie, it has oatmeal in it. I really like an oatmeal/chocolate combo, I have several bar recipes like that. These cookie stayed nice and tall for me, I'll see how they are tomorrow. Hopefully still moist and fresh tasting. I'm a 2-3 day cookie person, after that I've lost all interest in them because they just don't have that fresh taste.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter (I used Imperial margarine sticks @ room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal (I used quick cooking oats)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 -12oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Blend the oatmeal in a blender or food processor to a fine powder. Cream butter and sugars with electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, oatmeal, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Next stir in chocolate chips and nuts until completely combined.

Line a large baking sheet with 1" sides with parchment paper, and spoon heaping tsp. of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 min @ 375* or until just turning golden on top. Don't over bake!

No comments: