Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Biscuits Anyone?

It's Saturday night, and it was a good day. Coffee this AM with a couple of my coworkers. Shopping with my husband at Wmart. A little time spent watching and old movie this afternoon, & a nice dinner including a glass of Cabernet. After that a Bruce Willis movie, Surrogates - it was futuristic and kind of interesting! We ended up the evening with an ice cream Sundae. I saw Rachel Rae put this together and it looked yummy. Vanilla Bean ice cream topped with melted peanut butter and hot fudge sauce. I think I used too much PB, it was intense!! It only takes about 30 seconds in the microwave to make it smooth enough to pour. The hot fudge was my favorite part, a little like a peanut butter cup on ice cream ;-) yea!

To go with our spaghetti tonight I found a recipe for a cheesy garlic biscuit. Most recipes called for Bisquick, which I did not have. I finally ran across this that was supposed to be similar to a Red Lobster biscuit, it was pretty good and very easy to put together. I'll use a little more garlic or fresh garlic the next time I make them, they were pretty mild.

Cheese and Garlic Drop Biscuits

1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

***Topping:***2 tablespoons melted butter & 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Cut in shortening using a pastry blender. Mix milk and then cheese into mixture with a wooden spoon. Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 10-12 minutes. Mix melted butter and garlic powder together and brush on warm biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.

This is supposed to make 8, but I missed that fact until after mine were in the oven and I had only scooped up 6, woops. Needless to say I had to bake mine a bit longer, just go by the color and you'll know when they are done.

No comments: