Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summerlicious no bake baking

Today I can't help but think about how hot it's supposed to get in the next few days. Makes it hard to think about spending time in the kitchen when the temps get to be 90* +.
Tonight we are going to cruise night on the avenue, we'll get to watch vintage cars drive by, burn out, and hot rod like we were in the 70's again. Hope we don't melt into the pavement!

I started the day having coffee with a couple of classmates. One of them was headed to a reunion and wanted some easy dessert ideas. I looked for a recipe that I was sure I had posted before, but it either evaporated or I had a total brain fart. In any case, I'm posting it now so that I know where I can find it when I need it! :-) PS, it's a NO BAKE recipe for this hot-hot day.

PEANUT BUTTER CUP BARS
2 packages of graham crackers - crushed
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup melted margarine
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
Mix the above ingredients together well. You could use a mixer or food processor to make it easier. Pat into a 9x13 pan.
Melt together the following and pour over bars. Refrigerate till firm.
12 oz milk chocolate chips
1 Tbsp peanut butter

No comments: