Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

I did it, I made jello.

I made jello. Not impressed? Well, I really don't ever want jello, or need jello, or even think about jello, unless it's a jello kind of holiday. I googled jello salad and this was one of the first five I saw. I think it was pretty good, but you'd have to ask a jello connoisseur to know for sure. If you try it, let me know.

Cherry Supreme Salad
1 3oz pkg strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 - 21oz can cherry pie filling

1 3oz pkg lemon flavored gelatin
3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 3oz pkg cream cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1 8oz can crushed pineapple, UNdrained
2 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup whipped cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1. Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water. Stir in pie filling, then spread mixture into a 7x11 pan. Refrigerated about 45 minutes until nearly set.
2. Dissolve the lemon gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water; stir in the lemon juice and set aside. Mash the cream cheese in a separate bowl until soft then stir in the mayo. Pour the lemon gelatin into the cream cheese mixture and stir until smooth. Add the pineapple and fold in the marsh-mallows & whipped cream. Spread the pineapple mixture over the chilled cherry layer. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and chill until fully set. About 2 hours.

I made this for Easter yesterday. I ate it again today, still wasn't bad! :-)
Maybe I could become a Jello convert. We'll see.

No comments: