Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

This is a stick up!

L-o-n-g ago a friend told me about this recipe. I thought she was nuts when she told me that it started with white bread flattened with a rolling pin. I had to try it though, and I'm glad I did.

This is a recipe that can be prepared ahead of time, and stored in the freezer. Just bake however many you need. I liked them so much, I even made these for a teacher's conference that we hosted at our school.

CINNAMON STICK ROLL UPS

White sandwich bread
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Cut off crusts from the bread and flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and yolk until well blended. Spread enough of this mixture on each slice of flattened bread to cover up to 1/4" from the edge.
Roll up like a jelly roll and brush each one with melted butter. Roll in cinnamon and sugar that has been mixed together. *At this point you may freeze them to use later.*
Bake for 15-20 min @ 350* or until golden.

This time I cut off just the side crusts so I didn't waste so much bread. These are yummy, so cinnamon-y!

No comments: