Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Bacon is even good on EV-ERY-THING.

When I read this recipe, I had to give it a lot of thought. It seemed like it would be greasy and gross. However, I'm such a big bacon fan that it finally got my motor runnin'. This is not a last minute thing to throw together, it takes 2 hours to bake. I even liked it leftover/cold out of the frig. Bacon = happy!

BACON CRACKERS
1 pkg club crackers
1# thin sliced bacon, cut slices in half
Grated Parmesan cheese or Parmesan Regiano (sp?) combined.

Lay crackers face up on a cookie sheet. Scoop about 1/2 tsp of grated Parmesan cheese onto each cracker. CAREFULLY wrap each cheese covered cracker in a half slice of bacon. This part takes some coordination, I completely spilled all of the cheese off of my first cracker. Hang in there, it will get easier. Completely cover the cracker from one end to the other, making sure it fits snugly.

Place the bacon wrapped crackers onto a baking sheet that has a cooling rack on it so the grease will drip away from the crackers.

Place in a 250* oven for about 2 hours. :-)



No comments: