Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Olive Juice

Does anyone remember a movie that talked about saying OLIVE JUICE? The idea was that from across the room, or just mouthing the words it looks like you are saying I LOVE YOU. I'm not sure why that's relevant, except that this recipe has a lot of olives in it. I've always loved olives. Green, black, sliced, stuffed, marinated, right out of the jar, you name it. This baked bread was pulled out of my hat for the last Husker football game. I think it was from the Pioneer Woman's blog. Tomorrow is a BIG game with Wisconsin, I better put my thinking cap on to find some other yums.

OLIVE CHEESE BREAD
1 loaf French bread
6 oz stuffed green olives
6 oz black olives
2 green onions
1 stick butter, room temp
1/2 cup mayo
3/4 pound Monterrey jack cheese, grated.

Roughly chop both black and green olives. Slice green onions into thin pieces.

Combine butter, mayo, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until combined, spread onto French bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Bake at 325* for 25 min or until cheese is melted and golden.

This mixture can be refrigerated up to 2 days and used as a dip also!

No comments: