Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm Thankful

So much in our lives we take for granted. Each and every day we have more than we could ever deserve, even on our worst day. Another Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I was blessed to spend it with family that I love. My parents, brother, husband, children, and for the first ever Thanksgiving.... my granddaughter! It was fun, even though Lucy was not the best sleeper, ahem. Some day we will remind her of how she kept us awake at night. :-) Love you Lucy!

Here's the recipe I used for sweet potatoes, or yams? They reminded me of a German chocolate cake!!

Praline Sweet-yam-tatoes

40 oz can yams
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350*.
Place drained hams in a 2 qt. baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the top.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.

I was also thankful there was leftover pecan pie!!! AND Cool Whip!!! wink wink

No comments: