Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

In God's hands.....

We went to Lincoln Friday night to stay with Heather. We took our dog Maddie along on the road trip. She sniffed up air at 65 miles per hour and was terribly excited when we got to our destination. We woke to an "egg bake" breakfast and went off to the farmers market to find treasures! We picked up an asiago pesto bread that is sooooooooo good.

The day was fun, we found a men's suit store Emsud’s Clothiers and met the best tailor in the world! He moved here from Bosnia after being held 3 months in a concentration camp. He reminded us many times, "Trust me, I am tailor!" He has the most beautiful suits (don't mention polyester to him) that are wool and other high end quality fabrics. He told my husband that every suit in his store would fit him, because he can tailor it perfectly. It was a most enjoyable visit, also the guys all left with lots of socks (5 pair each!) compliments of Emsud. Now Mike has a suit that will be perfect for the wedding coming up in September.

I shopped a bit at VanMaur, I did not find a tailor that could make any dress fit me. I am still in search of a wedding outfit. I'm not sure where to go, but I had better decide pretty soon.

We went to have supper at my son's apartment, he offered to cook for us. James is quite the entertainer, he likes to fire up the grill and whipped up some wonderful burgers.

We had just arrived at the apartment when I received a horrible phone call. A Bible study friend was desperately searching for a parents phone number because something awful happened. It was a birthday party and a group of kids were swimming. One of the little boys was found in the deep end of the water, no one knew how long he had been there. Two life guards, parents, kids, all keeping a careful watch - and yet something can happen so quickly. The child was pulled out, CPR was administered, and praise be to God.....he was brought back. I was told he had no pulse, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. He went to the ER and God has healed him, he's home tonight. Please offer up a thank you prayer on behalf of this beautiful boy who will be in first grade this Fall. Also pray for healing for all of those who were there to witness how fragile life is, none of them will ever forget what almost happened.

Today we were home for church, home to greet our new teacher and his wife that moved here from Wisconsin, home to do laundry and other mundane jobs that didn't seem so bad. Home is a good place to be.

I'm looking forward to the 4th of July weekend. Lots of relatives will be in town so there's going to be some fun cooking! I'm not posting a recipe today, but I'll make up for it later in the week.

Be safe!

No comments: