Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekends are for chocolate

I have a few friends who don't like chocolate. I don't quite understand. I love the smell, the look, the TASTE, the satisfaction derived from it. It's perfect.

I took a new chocolate experiment along to some friends house last night. We were going to watch the Nebraska football team kick Kansas around. We were not disappointed, despite some clumsy ball handling at times. While this experiment was baking it looked as though it would spew over the sides of the slow cooker as it bubbled up over the edge of the lip. It did look like a volcano, but in a good way. Be sure to use a slow cooker that is BIG enough. Mine was rectangular shaped. The kids at the party LOVED it, me too!

SLOW COOKER CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE

1 pkg 3.9 oz JELL-O chocolate instant pudding
3 cups cold milk
1- 2 layer size chocolate fudge chocolate cake mix
2 squares Bakers semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used semisweet choc. chips)
2 cups thawed cool whip topping (or a can of FUN whipped cream)

Beat pudding mix and milk in 4 or 4 1/2 qt slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray with whisk 2 min.

Prepare cake batter as directed on package and slowly pour over pudding in slow cooker. Do not stir, cover.

Cook on low 2 1/2 to 3 hrs or on high 1 1/2-2 hrs. Test with toothpick inserted in cake to see if it is done. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate, turn off heat and let slow cooker stand covered 30 min or until pudding is thickened. Serve with cool whip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How wierd! I was just going to post the same recipe on my blog :) I used skim milk and would not recommend as it had soupy areas yet. I did though use a big enough crock pot. I am going to try it with brownie mix next time.

L the mom said...

Beth, I wondered about using regular pudding that cooks. Mine also had some thin sauce, but I thought of it as those cakes with the creamy centers!?! We must read the same recipes online ;o)