Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Did I mention that I like granola?


I have made a few different kinds of granola, but this is the one people! I am so happy with the taste of this one, it's j-u-s-t right. I eat it with yogurt, parfait style. I have it for breakfast with milk. I've seen Mike grab a handful of it and chuck it right in his mouth. It. Is. Good.
Homemade Granola
6 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup coconut
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup dried fruit, soaked in water (craisins or raisins)
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix liquid ingredients in a 2 cup measure and warm slightly in the microwave, then pour over dry mixture. Stir until well coated.
Put in two greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes; stir and add dried fruit. Bake another 20 minutes or until evenly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments: