Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gumbo-licious!

Today I'm going to my classroom again, I'll bet you are tired of hearing that. It's unimaginable how much there is to do. It is just so difficult to organize and put away because there are some old things to move out, and I don't have the shelving that I need. I'll just do what I can, I know there are things to pitch, or share with others. I'm in the process of joining a website called Norfolkfreecycle. You can go there and look at things that are free, or you can offer things to other people. What a great idea! I guess this is a nationwide organization, there is probably one where you live.

I've been promising this recipe to a friend and finally here it is. This is an alternative to a

tomato(y) sloppy joe, tavern, loose meat sandwich......whatever you call it! My friend Sue who lived by us on Jefferson back in the early days made this for her family. The only other sandwich I might like better would be the original tastee beef's that our local mom and pop restaurant on 1st street still makes. Give it a try and see how it rates at your house!

Sloppy Joes

1 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup onion, chopped
10 1/2 oz can chicken gumbo soup
1 Tbs ketchup
1 Tbs mustard
salt/pepper to taste

Brown hamburger and onion. Drain and add remaining ingredients, let warm fully through. Serve on hamburger buns with cheese and pickle slices.

No comments: