Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let them eat cake!

OK, I am being very attentive to my sight this week. I'm going to cut right to the chase, I made a brand new recipe tonight that I think would be great for the 4th! It's a 4 ingredient cake that you can serve simply or jazz it up with garnish. Here we go!

Ruby Slipper Cake

1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
2 eggs

Beat together all of the ingredients for 2 minutes. Pour 1/3 of cake mixture into a well greased Bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of a 3 oz. package of raspberry flavored Jell-O on top of cake batter. Carefully spoon on 1/3 more of cake batter and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 of gelatin powder. Add remainder of cake batter smoothing carefully to keep layers from mixing. Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.

When I sliced this it was beautiful with the pink swirls! I sprinkled each piece with powdered sugar and then topped it with a dollop of cool whip. It was really good! If I were serving this for guests I would probably want some fresh raspberries for a garnish. For the 4th of July raspberries & blueberries would be perfect. And of course, Paula Deen would throw in a sprig of mint. :-)

I'm tossing around lots of recipe ideas for the weekend. I'll be coming back with a more definite menu soon. Buh-bye.

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

sounds YUMMO!!! i can't wait to try it. 4th of july? maybe i can make it for you.