Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today is Tuesday....Tuesday spaghetti, Monday string beans....

Do you know the Eric Carle book Today is Monday? Kind of a fun one for little people. Even though today was Tuesday it felt like Monday, I am excited however that BIG BROTHER is on in 45 minutes....it must be Tuesday.

I am a hopeless BB fan! I love the show, I thrive on the controversy and idiotic people that are on every season. There is always a girl with a high pitched screechy voice, a wholesome all American Midwest boy/girl, a representative of the gay community that you can usually spot immediately (not so easy this year), an old geiser, a Jesus follower, a few big gossipers, what a mix! It's like a train wreck, you know you shouldn't watch but you just can't help it.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you for awhile. Same old things keeping me busy: 1. my classroom 2. my summer job 3. my girl's wedding! That last one is really fun :-). I was looking online last night for an idea we had for a table favor and I got a phone call today that what I ordered is not available...great. I either have to change colors or do some more looking.

I'm posting a recipe for a dessert that I usually make in February because of the colors red and white. The reason I dug it out is because when I went to HyVee today they had beautiful angel food cakes for only $2.88 !!!!!!! Super deal. Also this is a dessert that doesn't have to bake, so it's the perfect summer treat. Hope it's one of your favorites.

CHERRY DESSERT
1 Angel food cake cut into 1 " cubes
1 large container of cool whip
1 8oz cream cheese-room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 can of cherry pie filling (today I used peach!)

Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar & vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in cool whip and angel food pieces. Pat into a 9x13 pan and top with pie filling. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Oh yea, it's good.

PS remember to buy your cool whip the day before, it has to thaw unopened 6 hours in the refrigerator before you use it, I always seem to be in a hurry and you just can't rush the whip!

No comments: