Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

I WENT TO CHICACO!

OK, I know you are thinking I traveled to the windy city, but you are incorrect! I went to hear the band Chicago with about 5000 other people. It was a sunny, slightly hot day, but the music caused me to not even think about the temperatures. I traveled back through time in my mind and revisited my high school days through the many Chicago hits.
Dances, football games, driving main, etc... so many happy memories. I know this picture looks like we're kind of far away, but don't worry... we wandered around and we had our trusty binoculars.















This was just the end of my weekend - there were some big things happening ALL weekend. Saturday Mike and I loaded up the dog and drove to Lincoln. We wanted to see the house that our son is looking to buy. It met our approval! The fact that it is a bit of a fixer upper is a plus in our eyes. A lower purchase price and then make it what you want, not living with someone else's color choices. If you saw the present colors of the bedrooms, you would totally understand! Mike is itching to spend a week (or two!) doing demolition and reconstructing a brand new look with our son.

Just a couple of blocks down the road was another part of the weekend. While the boys went camping I went to see Heather's new classroom. It's unbelievable that it is located about 2 blocks away from her brother's new house. I can't believe how B I G her room is, wow. So many cupboards she doesn't have many of them filled. It's going to be a fun room, a happy room, a learning room. Isn't this tiny sink cute??? Heather's not going to love the pained expression on her face in this photo, but it's rare that she doesn't take a good picture.
She will be a fabulous Kindergarten teacher, she just doesn't know it yet. Thanks Nate for driving us around and cooking a wonderful dinner.







This is what the boys did, set up some tents, built a blazing fire and tried to keep the dog out of the water. Maddie loves the water, she had a great time. Isn't this photo great?? My son takes some insanely good snaps.

No recipe today, you'll have to read a copy of Taste of Home (wink wink).

No comments: