Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Posies NOT rosies

Last night was a super fun night. I had four devoted and tireless friends over to make corsages and boutonnieres (spelling?) for the wedding. These girls gave so much time and effort into this project and I can't thank them enough. We worked from 6:30 till almost 11:00 and we ended up with 16 flowers for girls and 7 flowers for boys. Thanks to Donna - the president of the posie pushers, we had some beautiful results. She was a patient instructor and really made it enjoyable for us. Thanks again Donna, Kristin, Sue, & Nancy, I am so grateful for my friends!















The last time Nate and Heather were home I made a chicken salad and they were asking about a recipe. I'll do my best to recreate it here.

Chicken Salad

4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup mayo or salad dressing
1 tsp paprika
1 handful of dried cranberries (craisins)
1 cup chopped celery
2 green onions or 1/4 cup regular onion chopped
1/2 cup green pepper chopped fine
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
(I have also used sunflower seeds but if you don't like nuts, just skip it!)
1 tsp house seasoning (see next recipe)

Mix all together and stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Chill for an hour before serving.

The house seasoning I referred to is in a Paula Deen cookbook. I use it on everything, and I mix up batches for my kids all the time. Be sure to try this.

Paula Deen's House Seasoning

I usually put this in an empty spice container with a sprinkle type lid, just make sure it has a lid on it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hey! I just wanted to know if you have any problems with Paula's house seasoning? I made a batch a little while back and put it in an airtight spice jar (fn brand to be exact) and if I didn't use it and shake it up every day, it would harden. Are you having the same problems?? I LOVE the house seasoning but it keeps hardening up on me.