Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apple Crisp, Apple Crunch, Apple Crumble

I just got home today from a teachers conference in Omaha. It's wonderful when you come home inspired by a new idea that you want to try, I have several bouncing around in my head. One of the techie guys showed how to make a smart board for under $50!! One of our teachers is trying that project tomorrow - a smart board is absolutely amazing. If you don't know what it is, Google it and see for yourself.

I got a phone call from my next door neighbor asking for a recipe for apple crisp. I don't cook a lot of fruity things, for some reason I have to be in the right mood for it. Apple pie will never be my first choice, I'm more of a pecan or pumpkin kind of gal. Anyway, back to the apple crisp. Pat's daughter had sampled a recipe I made and called to ask her mom for it...it took me more than 2 hours to realize that she was talking about a recipe I got from the apple orchard lady MANY years ago. I think this is a recipe that you apple pie type people will appreciate. This recipe is dedicated to my wonderful neighbors!

DEGROOTS APPLE CRISP

4 cups apples peeled and chopped (a tarter cooking apple)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine all of the above ingredients and pour into a sprayed 8x10 pan, then...

top with:
2/3 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 package butterscotch pudding mix (not instant)
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/2 tsp butter flavoring
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Sprinkle over the top of the apples and Bake @ 350* for 45 min to 1 hour. This will vary depending on what kind of apples you use and how firm they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to make this!! Thank you for posting for me! Tami