Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, the best day of the week!

I LOVE Sunday. My husband makes a fabulous pot of coffee from freshly ground beans, we get ready for church to hang out with people that we really enjoy, & we come home to have a simple or extravagant lunch...depends on how hungry we are. Today Mike is going to mow his mom's yard and then do ours. It's supposed to rain so he's trying to get the wheels turning. I'm doing some laundry and packing up for a conference that we leave for by 6 AM in the morning. I'm traveling with 8 other teachers in a giant white van, road trips are the best! Of course we'll need some snack for that as well.
Later Mike and I will take some time for a movie, and I'm cooking up some buffalo wings for that. It's been forever since we watched a movie at home. So many things have kept up busy on the weekends, and with the new Fall programs on tv, there have been some OK choices. See why I like Sunday??
I made a salad that is a cole slaw type recipe but it has a twist, there's noodles in it. Sounds strange, but it's quite yummy. I'm not a huge cole slaw fan, but I do enjoy this recipe. You can use whatever kind of noddle you like, I grabbed campanelle yesterday because I liked the trumpet shape of the pasta. Be creative!





Pasta Cucumber Salad














Pasta Cucumber Salad

Directions
  • Cook pasta according to package directions in a
  • medium sized saucepan.
  • Drain and cool the pasta.
  • In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the
  • mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until smooth.
  • Place the pasta, cabbage, onions, peppers and
  • cucumber in a serving bowl.
  • Pour the dressing over it and stir to combine.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours for
  • the flavors to blend.
OK people, I don't know why I can't get rid of the dots
before each line of that recipe, how dumb!





















1 comment:

Meg Schudel said...

I can't see the wedding photos!!!! This is killing me!! What am I doing wrong?!!