Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More spinach in your teeth!

One of my all time favorite salads. Did I mention I hate jello? That's why you'll not see many fruity jello fluffy type things here. Now and then I throw one in for my wonderful husband, but mostly he eats jello at his moms on holidays.

SPINACH SALAD

10 oz bag of fresh spinach
1/2 can of water chestnuts slivered
2-3 hard boiled eggs chopped
1 hand full of fresh bean sprouts (optional)
1/2 lb bacon baked till crisp

dressing:
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire
1/3 cup ketchup
1/2 small onion diced fine

Combine the first group of ingredients and toss lightly. You may want to save a little egg and bacon for garnish. Dressing ingredients need to be blended together until combined well. I always serve the salad separate from the dressing, leftovers will keep better that way.

No comments: