Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

You've got spinach in your teeth

I find myself at the end of the month and I've only posted one time. So to sooth my conscience I'm going to post maybe three times tonight! Yesterday I made the good old spinach dip recipe that every one's mom makes. I can't believe you might not have it, but just in case.....here goes.

SPINACH DIP
1 package 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (squeeze the crap out of it you don't want runny dip)
1 16oz sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise, use Hellmanns or Kraft, don't skimp on this
1 envelope Knorr Vegetable soup mix
1 can 8oz water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 or 4 green onions chopped, use some of the green as well.

Combine all and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Great with crackers or veggies. I made this for a salad supper at our church tomorrow night. It's always good and it makes a good size batch. This is also a regular for us around Easter time.

No comments: