Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

There's snow business like making desserts!

OK, now for recipe # 2. I found a cereal marshmallow dessert thingie in a Kraft magazine that I'm also taking to our church supper tomorrow night. I'd say it's a kicked up rice krispie treat with chocolate on top! It's called:

Chocolate Dipped Snowballs
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg 10 oz marshmallows
5 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds cereal
1/2 package semi sweet chocolate chips
(I cheated, the recipe calls for 7-oz Baker's real dark semi sweet dipping chocolate)

Melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave and stir in cereal. Cool slightly, really do this because I of course thought I could start right away and they would not stay together for me.
Shape into balls and place on wax paper or parchment paper to cool completely. I used an ice cream scoop to keep them uniform, I buttered it first and then buttered my hands so they would roll without sticking.
Melt chocolate chips and dip 1/2 of each ball in the chocolate. Set back onto the parchment paper dipped side up until chocolate is not soft. Store in an airtight container.

I doubled the ingredients and got just over 3 dozen, that way I was able to use one whole package of chocolate chips.

No comments: