Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm back.........

I'm pleased that someone missed me. I haven't been on for a month and today I got a telephone call urging me to get my act together! OK, thanks for the nudge.

It seems that school gets busier each and every day. Only two months left and I need to have those little smiling faces prepared for next year. My afternoon kids are amazing! Smart, funny, kind, adventurous, beautiful! I will miss them so much next year, but it's so cool when they come back to visit! This year I had a 5th grade boy that came back to read to my kids when he had a day off. We all loved it! The other two classes are great as well, but since they don't come every day I don't feel like I have that close bond with them, at least not as close if that makes sense.

Today I'm going to dedicate my recipe theme to Rice Krispies. James wanted a recipe a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't home, so I'll put it on here for the next time.

Caramel Rice Krispie Bars
4 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup margarine
4 cups rice krispies
Melt margarine and marshmallows together and stir in rice krispies. Pat into a 9x13 pan that has been greased with margarine or sprayed with Pam.

1 bag of caramels wrappers removed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick margarine
Microwave above ingredients until smooth and pour over the rice krispie base. Refrigerated 1 1/2 hours.

4 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup margarine
4 cups rice krispies
As you did up above melt marshmallows and margarine together and stir in rice krispie cereal. Pat on top of the caramel layer and let it get firm before cutting.

Yes, there are two sticks of butter in this!! Just don't make it every day and you'll be fine!

Now, here is another yummy fun treat that my friend Traci made for the kids at school when Jayce was little.

Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars
12 oz pkg butterscotch chips
12 oz pkg chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter

Melt the above ingredients and add 6 cups of Rice Krispies and 4 cups of miniature marshmallows. Pat into a buttered 9x13 pan. How fast was that?

I know everybody and their mom has this one, but here it is anyway.

Scotcharoos (is this what other people call these?)
1 cup sugar
1 cup white corn syrup
bring to a boil and thoroughly stir in:
1 1/2 cups peanut butter &
1 tsp vanilla extract
now stir in:
6 cups of rice krispies
and pat into a 9x13 buttered cake pan.
In your microwave melt:
1/2 package semi sweet chocolate chips &
1/2 package butterscotch chips

check this every 30 seconds so you don't scorch it. After it's melted pour over the rice krispie mixture and pop in the fridge until the chocolate hardens enough to cut.

This recipe reminds me of my mom, she made it for my brothers when they would leave for school in Minnesota.

No comments: