Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Lemons

Happy 4th of July to all of you! I'm having a relaxing day so far...went to the teeny farmers market at our mall, stopped at Target and HyVee. I've made some black bean salsa, blue cheese dip, and I'm heading up to make lemon bars next. I came down to search my blog for the recipe and realized that I have never posted lemon bars, and I love them. My son James loves them more, but they are a perfect summer treat. So after the lemon bars it's going to be talent show at the lake, and more fun. Enjoy!

Lemon Bars
1 package of yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup veg. oil
1 8oz cream cheese - softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 T lemon juice - fresh squeezed

Mix dry cake mix with 1 egg, & veg oil. Reserve 1 cup of this for the top, pat the rest into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake for 15 minutes at 350* While the crust is baking combine the cream cheese with sugar, lemon juice and remaining egg. Beat with mixer until light and smooth. Spread this over baked layer and crumble remaining 1 cup of cake mixture over the top. Bake another 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

2 comments:

Heather Lea said...

Mom, I'm making these for our party tonight at Mike's! Good thing you posted this! I was looking for a side to bring. Perfect! Plus, James will be there, and as you said, he loves these!

LOVE YOU!

Meg Schudel said...

YUM! I want to try these!!