Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Remember when you were little?

OK, still not sleeping.

Do you remember when you were little and there was a cookie that required no baking and it was as sweet as licking out the cookie bowl? I don't know if my mom ever made these, but I do remember them from some point in my life. I think it may have been a 4-H recipe from the good old WE TRY AND DO club I belonged to. (Strange name now that I think about it) I learned to sew, cook, bake, sing in a group, give speeches, and other great things in 4-H. Gee, I wonder if it's to late to get my kids enrolled in a club, hmmm they are only 25 and 28 years old now. I'll suggest it.

Back to the cookies.

These are called NO BAKE COOKIES because... you guessed it - no oven time. I know you are probably familiar with this recipe, but it's fun to revisit old favorites to remind us of simpler times.

NO BAKE COOKIES
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups oatmeal

Mix sugar, cocoa, milk, & margarine in a saucepan. Stir over med. heat until it boils. Cool for 1 minute then add remaining ingredients mixing well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and cool completely before removing to sore in an airtight container.

No comments: