Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Food

It was brought to my attention that when my family is home and we are cooking together, I usually give my son-in-law the "tricky" recipes to prepare. He thinks I'm testing him ;-) but I just know he has the eye for detail that is needed for challenging recipes. When Nate first cooked with me I gave him a recipe for crab stuffed snow peas, and he did that with great panache! The recipe I gave him this time was a tiny little quiche appetizer, and they turned out SO well. I'm anxious to make these again, the flavor was wonderful.

MINI BACON CHEESE CUPS

1 package Pillsbury pie crusts
4 oz cream cheese
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
3 chopped green onions - use the green part as well
2/3 cup shredded cheese - I used a white and yellow mix
4-5 Tbsp packaged precooked bacon bits

Preheat oven to 425* and spray 24 mini muffin cups with Pam. Unroll the pie crust that has been at room temp. for about 15 minutes. Use a 2-2 1/2" round cutter to make circles from the crust. Place one in each muffin cup and press gently to form cup.

Blend cream cheese, egg, egg yolk, & onions until well blended. Divide evenly among the pastry cups. Top with cheese and bacon and bake 12-15 min until edges are light golden. Cool about 5 min before removing from the pan.

These are time consuming, but worth it. I loved the flavor! Good job Nate :-) What will I have for you next time you visit?????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Okay Linda, I am going to make these. Sounds yummy & easy.