Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My, what lovely weather we're having.

The weather has been amazing.  January with only a day or two of light snow, quite unlike last year.  I don't know if I haven't been cooking as much, or cooking and not posting.  Probably the latter.  


Heather told me about this broccoli she roasted in the oven.  I made it and really enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if this was the exact recipe.  There are several of them out there.  We had it last night, and I was reminded of how  much I loved it.  

Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli

1 head of fresh broccoli, cut into florettes
2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
olive oill
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425*.  Place broccoli on a sheet pan in a single layer.  Toss with garlic and olive oil.  sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 min.  It will be crisp-tender and the tips are starting to brown.

Remove from the oven and toss with another tablespoon of olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Parmesan.  Serve right now!

No comments: