Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday.....ahhhh!

At school today we had a very fun show and tell, four soft (and smelly) Labrador puppies that were yellow and chocolate colored. The other 5 brother pups had to stay home, that's right there were 9 pups and they are all male. SO cute. I think they were 6 weeks old. Maddie gave me a good sniff when I got home, she was wondering where I had been.

Mike and I had a lazy supper tonight to celebrate Friday. Hot wings, fresh pineapple, strawberries & grapes, some veggies and those new teenie tiny pringle chips in a bag. We ate dinner while watching a movie and now we're stifling yawns and feeling like the weekend has really arrived. Tomorrow brings more work on the tile in our shower, several loads of laundry, baking & just maybe a quick trip to Target to have coffee with my parents in the morning.

The weather today was cold and very windy. We could have gotten a lot of snow, but we dodged that bullet. Hooray! By the middle of the week the prediction is 60's I believe, now that's more like it.

Next week is our K-8 school family night musical. Mom's have been busy painting scenery, windows have been covered with blue paper to block out sun and make the gym look more like a water retreat. The children have been practicing their songs and choreography and are getting it down quite well. I love this event every year.


I realized today that I have only about 25 days of school left. There's so much I want to do with those children yet. I'm never very happy when the school year is over, I miss the conversation that you can only get from a 3-5 year old child. They are priceless, and precious and winsome.

I'm sending today's recipe out to Amber today. She is a friend of my daughter, and when she came to our house for the first time I made this cheese ball. Amber is not(self proclaimed) a picky eater, she liked most of this recipe. That's all I'll say :-)

CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter - room temp
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and brown sugar gradually. Stir in the chocolate chips and refrigerate covered for a couple of hours. Place the chilled mixture in plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Roll the cheese ball in nuts (if desired) and serve with graham crackers or teddy grahams.

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

HA! That makes me laugh....silly little Amber.... maybe I'll make it for her going away party. Mom, did you know she's moving to Omaha in a couple of weeks for school? Very sad. :(

Love you.