Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Strawberry Sunday

My girlfriends just left after almost 3 hours of fun. We ate some snacks, had Bible study, ate some more and laughed intermittently throughout the entire event. I always enjoy making snacks for these girls, they are very appreciative! Kristin requested my chicken tortilla dip that I posted Jan. 27th, so of course I made that. I experimented with some bread sticks that I stuffed with mozzarella cheese before baking, and then I had strawberry shortcake to end it all!

I have to tell you that the big success of the day was my strawberry lemonade. I watched the girl at Red Robin (restaurant) make this beverage last week when we went to Sioux City, it looked delicious so I had it on my mind all week. Here is how I made it, and I think the others will be making this recipe very soon!

Strawberry Lemonade

1 12-oz frozen lemonade
4 1/2 cups water
1 10-oz frozen strawberry, partially thawed

Combine all and serve immediately over ice. Yum!

I only bought enough ingredients to make one batch, I should have doubled it. There were only 5 of us, and it was gone in a flash. I'll have back up next time! I think you could easily double the lemonade and water, but use the same amount of strawberries. The girls thought I had bought pink lemonade, but no.....the strawberries turn it a beautiful rosy color.

No comments: