Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Poopie!

Today was a banner day for the 3 year old class. One of the requirements when they start school is that they are able to take care of "toilet" duties themselves. A few weeks ago one of the boys came back from the bathroom with a troubled and disturbed look on his face. He announced to me quite loudly that he had a 'skid mark' - having heard just the tail end of his comment I looked at him and said, "really?" and he proceeded with, "do you even know what that is???" I assured him I did know what it was and that I was sure his mom could take care of it when he got home.

Well, the same lad had difficulties in the bathroom this morning. This time it was more wide spread, and not in a good way. I called mom to bring him new clothes, and as we waited I told him that I thought his mom was a super hero...that she was coming to his rescue with new pants!! He laughed at my analogy, but certainly was happy to see her arrive. I can count my lucky stars that there have been few incidents this year like this. It sure makes for an interesting day.

I will say that the most amazing poop related memory that I have is a students who managed to poop in the urinal. He came back and told me that it wouldn't flush...it took me a while to figure out exactly what wouldn't flush. I still don't know how he made it up into that urinal, it's terribly high on the wall!

How does one segue from poop to food? I don't think there is an easy transition, so I'm just going to jump right into my recipe for the day. I'm not doing chocolate for obvious reasons, although this recipe title could have your imagination running away with you.
Hope you have a good one!

Salted Nut Roll

1 16-oz jar roasted peanuts, divided
2 Tbsp. butter
1 10-oz bag mini marshmallows
12 oz peanut butter chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Grease a 9x13 pan, sprinkle half of the nuts in the bottom of the pan. Melt the butter and peanut butter chips together in the microwave, then stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Add the marshmallows stirring to coat. You don't want them to melt, they should have some chunk to them. Pour this over the nuts in the pan and top with the remaining peanuts. Press down gently and refrigerate to set.

No comments: