Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April snow brings May _______ ?

How DO you fill in a blank like that? This morning while I was in school it was snowing! For crying out loud, it's April 2nd! April snow brings May.....woe?

As I was looking for an emergency contact numbers paper for our first aid kits we made today, I ran across a recipe that a preschool mom gave me a couple of years ago. This is a crazy easy soup that I'll admit I probably looked at and thought, "Hmm how good can this really be?" It was surprisingly good, and extremely fast. You can always jazz it up with herbs & seasonings if you want to kick it up. What a great emergency meal to have on hand for a day when you just don't have the energy to do more than open a can!

7 CAN SOUP

1 can tomato soup
1 can vegetable beef soup
1 can rotel tomatoes with chili's
1 can veg all vegetables
1 can kidney beans (or red beans)
1 can corn
1 can chili without beans

Open all of the cans (do not drain) and pour into a sauce pan. Cook for 20 minutes and serve!

No comments: