Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WACKY WEDNESDAY


We celebrated wacky Wednesday today as part of spirit week, and these two girls were so cute. I know you are wondering about the hair, I couldn't figure it out either. I think I'll just keep you guessing - I'm not sure if I should reveal her secret. They did give me permission to put their smiling faces on my blog.

Tomorrow is my first of three Valentines parties at school. I just returned from Walgreen's with little plastic cups, candy hearts, twix bars, & licorice for the little darlins. Every year it seems that a mom will come up with exactly the same thing I did. I have done personalized candy wrappers before, but I didn't get to my son in time to design something wonderful...so I went to Walgreen's.

Mike and I planned to go to Lincoln this weekend, but that dumb weather man is talking about a lot lot lot of snow. Doesn't he know that we're done with that? I really hope it was a really wrong forecast, we want to go see our kids! James has been working on projects in his house and Heather had a birthday almost 2 weeks ago and we haven't seen her yet. Pray for sun!

Last Sunday my friend Kristin had Bible study at her house. She made a dessert that I had not made since....I don't know when, I don't know if my kids even remember this one. My friend Nancy also made this about a month ago, so I'm thinking that what's old is new. I think it's a sign that you also might like to remember an old favorite as well.

Four Layer Dessert
1 cup flour
1 stick butter
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
1- 8oz cream cheese
1 tub of cool whip
2 packages of instant pudding (any flavor)
3 cups milk

1. Mix flour, butter and pecans. Pat in a 9x13 pan and bake 15 min @ 350* - cool.
2. Cream together powdered sugar, cream cheese and 1/2 of Cool Whip - pour over crust.
3. Mix Pudding with milk and pour over the cream cheese layer.
4. Top with remaining Cool Whip and chill.
You can sprinkle more nuts on top for garnish, refrigerate.

Now you might have guessed that I like a rich chocolate pudding, but the original was pistachio. I've also seen butterscotch used a lot, so that means you can close your eyes and grab a box. Just be sure it's the instant variety.

I hope to make some truffles sometime soon. I'm looking over many recipes, you could let me know if you have a goodie I should try!

No comments: