Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Winner winner - chicken dinner

Today we're having Valentines parties and anticipating snow. There is no sign of anything yet, just cold. We're supposed to get 4" - we'll see. One of my girls brought in ipods for everyone made from a box of candy hearts and 2 Reece's peanut butter cups for the ear buds. Very cute! The same little girl was my snack leader, she made strawberry jello parfaits, they were beautiful.

My husband is off today, nothing to do at work so they were forced to take a day off and use precious vacation time or get no pay. Cause for worry, but hopefully things will pick up again quickly. If we don't make it to Lincoln Saturday I don't know what our plans are for Valentines day. I did buy fresh artichokes to have a fun appetizer with a glass of wine, I also have some raw shrimp and beautiful red potatoes up my sleeve 'just in case'. I bought 2 eclairs from the HyVee bakery yesterday and I was SO disappointed with them. They were awful!! I'll never waste the money on them again, homemade is so much better.

Last night we had a new chicken recipe, and BONUS....it's a slow cooker recipe so it doesn't take much effort. I used chicken thighs and left the skin on, next time I will take it off. It made a lot of liquid and I used 3lbs. of chicken instead of 2 1/2lbs. I also did not find fresh cilantro (which I love) so even though it was probably missing an important flavor I thought it was delicious.

THAI CHICKEN
2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
1 cup HOT salsa
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

1. Place chicken in slow cooker, mix together salsa, peanut butter, line juice, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken.
2. Cover; cook on LOW for 8-9 hrs or on HIGH for 3 -4 hrs or until done.
3. To serve, pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.

I served mine on rice.

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

I bought the stuff today. I'm making it tomorrow. Can't wait!