Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

I heart you

It's 9 days into the month and this is my first post! Last night I tossed and turned and during one of those rotations, I had a great idea for a recipe. It was a simple one, I wondered if I had done it before, I was quite sure the answer was no, and now I don't remember what it was. So I'm racking my brains thinking about easy cheesy stuff.

'Jalapeno jelly' or just plain 'green pepper jelly' poured on a block of cream cheese. Serve with crackers. Divine.

Brat's cooked in onions & beer then grilled till brown. Serve in a flour tortilla instead of bread. Surprisingly great.

A tall can of salmon drained and stuff removed you don't like to eat. Mix up with 1 egg and about 10-12 saltine crackers crushed. Season and make into patties, brown on both sides with olive oil and margarine mixture. We love these.

Any mixture of greens topped with craisins, sunflower seeds & your favorite dressing. Bacon bits and green onions optional.

Bacon, you must bake it in your oven if you've never done this. It's easy and cooks beautifully. I did not try this until about a year ago, oh how much time I've wasted. Directions are on the package.

If you have never tried press and seal, your missing something great. I buy the freezer kind and I use it on many many things. It is wonderful to double wrap things for the freezer, a layer of p&s and then in a zippie bag. Perfect to cover those dishes that have no lid and it doesn't ball up like saran wrap.

Did you know you can melt fresh grated Parmesan cheese on those silicone mats and make a crispy little cracker type appetizer? I love the taste of Parmesan, fun to try and they look lacey and foo foo.

Bake a pan of box brownies. When they are just barely done sprinkle the top with mini marshmallows and heat with your broiler until they puff up. Top with canned frosting that has been microwaved just enough to thin it so you can drizzle it on, you probably don't need the whole thing. Chill and your friends will think you did a lot more work than you actually did.

I better jet home in the rain to let my doggie out. Talk to you all later!

PS Nate, thanks for being my one and only friend/follower.

3 comments:

Heather Lea said...

I'M HERE!!!! And for the record, I ALWAYS read your entries. So does your son, for that matter- the OTHER one, J-man. Meg loves it too. So there.

P.S. I love you. :)

Meg said...

MADAME MULLEN, I AM CUT TO THE HEART! I have been following you since you started!

I would say thanks for your recipes but our relationship is currently on the rocks. Yeah, don't expect any Valentine's day jewelry from me! We are over!

(hahaha, well, I suppose so long as you keep the outrageously delicious recipes coming, our love can last)
Have a great day!

nate eigsti said...

ha ha ha...they're jealous. Jealous that I was your first and original follower. Love it! Hope we have a chance to see you guys this weekend and thanks for your advice with the recipe. The bars were a huge success...only four left!