Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Friday is almost here!

Helluuuuuuuu! I feeling like cooking today. I have a turkey in the oven - thankfully yesterdays 90's turned into today's 60's as far as temps go. I'm making a hot turkey sandwich to take to my family in Lincoln this weekend. It's a big moving day and I'm going to help feed the tired and hungry! I'm making a new salad that is beautiful, that's what I'll be sharing here today. It's so similar to others , but with a few tweaks I thought it was worth a post. It's called............

SWEET AND SOUR COLD SLAW
4 cups shredded cabbage or broccoli slaw
1 medium red bell pepper - chopped
1 medium yellow bell pepper - chopped
1 cup green onions - chopped
1 can of corn - drain
1 jalapeno pepper - seeded and diced fine

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sugar

Mix together the red wine vinegar and sugar; set aside until ready to use. Combine the slaw, peppers, onions, corn & jalapeno. Toss with salad dressing and serve immediately.

No comments: