Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Have you ever tried whistling with a mouth full of crackers?

My brother stopped by a little while ago, he was dropping off something he picked up for us. We sat out back on the deck, what a beautiful evening it's going t be when it cools off just a bit. When I found this recipe it reminded me of my mom. When I was a little girl my mom used to eat saltine crackers with oleo spread on them. Does anyone call it oleo any more? Margarine, butter, etc...... that's what I'm talking about. She would spread it on pretty thick and pop one after another into her mouth while I watched the process. I don't remember eating them myself, but then I must have. This is a recipe that you most likely will have the ingredients on hand and it can be put together for unexpected company. Pair it with an adult beverage and you've got a winner!

Kicked Up Garlic Crackers
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 bunch of flat leaf parsley - chopped
(I think you could definitely substitute whatever amount of dried parsley you want)
1/2 stick butter - melted
30 saltine crackers (1 pack)

Combine the minced garlic with parsley and melted butter. Lay out a flat layer of crackers on a lined baking tray and use a pastry brush to baste the saltines with garlic butter. Bake in a 350* oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
This would be great with a crab dip!

No comments: