Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Here chic-chic-chic!

I'm home today taking care of my husband. He's on the couch sleeping - recovering - doing what he needs to be doing. I have had time to watch cooking shows, and that puts me in the mood to cook and especially EAT! I have more luck with Paula Deen recipes and this is one that is from her as well. I have a couple of her cookbooks and we have much in common. I do not use as much butter as she does (lots and lots of her recipes call for it!!), but I do advocate real butter. The taste and the product are unsurpassed. This recipe goes together with lightning fast speed and only takes 20 min in the oven. You could use a roaster in the garage to bake this to keep your house cool in the summer time, OR why not bake it on the gas grill?!? So many possibilities :-)

HOT CHICKEN SALAD
2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, cubed
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup mayo
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
2/3 cup crushed potato chips
Preheat oven to 350*. Spritz a 9x13 pan with veg. oil spray. In a large bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds, salt & pepper, lemon juice, mayo & cheese. Pour mixture in the prepared dish, spread the crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 20 min or until bubbly.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay! We eat this too, only we always do turkey. It's DELISH!