Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial weekend=Peanut butter dessert!

I love a long holiday weekend. My weekend is actually going to last all summer since school is out, and I have no summer job lined up. Is that the good news or the bad news?
I just finished making a dessert that smells so yummy, I have to wait for it to chill 4 hours, maybe I'll set the timer so I don't have to wait a minute longer than necessary. By the way, I got a new hand mixer for mother's day and it works like a Cadillac mixer, LOVE IT! Sorry James that you got my old one, it's not near as great as my new one!

PBF Dessert
2-8oz pkg.cream cheese -softened
chocolate sandwich cookies (about 1 1/2 rows)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups cool whip -thawed
1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping

Crush the cookies in a zip lock bag or use a food processor. Press them into a 9x13 pan, set aside.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in the whipped topping until blended. Carefully drop a spoonful at a time onto the cookie crumbs, the crumbs will move around so be careful! Smooth slightly, then drizzle the fudge topping on. Using a knife swirl gently to give a marble look. I had to heat my fudge topping for about 11 seconds to make it easier to drizzle, my topping was really thick. If you over heat it I'm afraid it will melt the cream cheese layer, so don't overdo it!
Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. You could garnish each serving with chopped peanuts and extra hot fudge sauce when serving. Refrigerate leftovers.

3 comments:

L the mom said...

OK, I didn't wait 4 hours. LOVED IT! I had my friend Kristin over to try a piece, mmm-mm-mmm. Like a peanut butter pie.

James said...

OH MAN!!! You'd better be bringing some down with you this weekend!

Meg Schudel said...

OH my goodness. I want some. NOW!!!