Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall is sneakin' up on us!


Tomorrow is the official GO day for Fall, not sure I'm quite ready. I really love Fall with the colors and cool nights, really ideal weather for me.

Yesterday was Rissa's shower, we had 30 people there and it went very well. She got some great gifts and it was just a relaxing fun day. Her new family is great, they are welcoming her with open arms, but then...what's not to love?
We did a dessert bar instead of typical cake, mints, etc... What a spread! Here is a photo of the table. One of the last minute things I threw together (because I was afraid there could be as many as 50 people) was a cinnamon/sugar pretzel. These were a hit! They bake in the
microwave - so cooling them off takes longer than preparing them. Give it a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed.




CINNAMON SUGAR PRETZELS
1 pkg 15-18 oz butter braid pretzels
2/3 cup veg. oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Put pretzels in a large microwave safe bowl. In a smaller bowl combine oil, sugar and cinnamon; pour over pretzels and toss to coat. Microwave uncovered on high for 2 min then stir. Microwave another 3 min and stir again. Pour out onto a cookie sheet to cool and store in an airtight container.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linda, You are answer to my prayers. I need just something to dd to the softball meal for the bus and this is perfect! Thanks