Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FALL, yup it's here.

OK, it's official Fall has arrived. It really felt like it today here, high in the 60's and it even sprinkled today. The cooler weather makes it much easier to cook I think. You want to throw things in the oven and warm up the house a bit. A few days ago I made a stuffed pepper recipe that used spaghetti sauce. Today I made a baked pasta recipe that also used spaghetti sauce. Maybe I'm part Italian and don't know it. ANYWAY..... I'll start with the peppers in case you have any in your garden yet.

Italian Stuffed Green Peppers
3 large or 4 medium green peppers
1# ground beef-brown and drain
1/2 cup celery
1/4 cup onion-chopped
1 1/2 cup cooked rice
1 cup grated cheese-I like to buy the blends mozz-parm-ramano etc...
1 egg
1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
1 tsp salt
1/2 t pepper
32 oz spaghetti sauce

Mix together beef, celery, onion, egg, rice, cheese and seasonings. Cut the top off of the peppers and clean out the seeds. Stuff with meat mixture and place in slow cooker. Cover with spaghetti sauce and cook covered on low for 6 hours.

No comments: