Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Husker Victory!

I'm still relishing the game last night, Nebraska opened their season with a sound victory. So I didn't have to worry the night before, now I know. Some improvement to be made for sure, but a good solid start. Way to go Bo! We watched the game outdoors with our card club friends, what a beautiful night it was!

I have been researching new recipes and found a way to make zucchini that really rocks. I don't care much for zucchini unless it's totally immersed in chocolate brownies, cake, etc.... fried left me cold, just such a funny texture when it's cooked to much. I discovered the ONLY way to make it as far as I'm concerned, it reminds me of my favorite Chicken Parmesan recipe that I make and crave quite often. I hope you have a chance to try it out while the farmers markets or your own garden are still offering zucchini. Look for one that is no larger than 6-8" long and smaller around than 2", it will turn out so much better. Those big ones are only good to hold a door open!

Baked Zucchini Crisps
(This recipe is enough for about 3 people as a side with a meal)
1 med. zucchini - or 2 smaller
2 Tbs melted butter
1/4 cup crushed cornflake crumbs
2 Tbs grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
I like to partially peel the zucchini but leave every other strip on for the color, then cut into 1/4" circles . Melt butter in microwave in a bowl, and in another dish combine cornflake crumbs, cheese and garlic salt. Make sure both sides of your zucchini get a bath in the butter, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place circles on a sheet pan that has been lined with parchment paper. If there is extra crumbs put them on top of the zucc's before you bake it. Oven should be 375* and they will bake for 15 min. They smell lovely....don't over bake them because they will turn to mush!

Did you know that Kellogg's Cornflakes come in a box that has them already crushed? I found it by breadcrumbs at Walmart. AWESOME!!















Hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Labor Day weekend! I start school Tuesday, looking forward to it :-)

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

These look WAAAYYY better than the ones I attempted that left my pans burnt and black. :( I'll have to give your recipe a whirl!