Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Knee High by the 4th of July

Yesterday we had a potluck at church. They are always so much fun!! There's always deviled eggs, potato salad, jello, beans, etc... so many choices. Friends at the table next to us were enjoying a salad and asked if I had brought it. Well, it wasn't mine but it was a recipe I have made before. I told Brook I would send it to her, and when I looked for it on my blog today, guess what? It wasn't here. So without further adieu, I give you Crunchy Corn Salad!!

CRUNCHY CORN SALAD
1 can white corn
1 can yellow corn
1 cup mayo
2 cups shredded cheese - mont. jack or cheddar
1 med bell pepper - chopped
1 small purple onion - chopped
11 1/2 oz bag chili cheese Frito's (crunch it up in the bag)

Combine the corn, mayo, cheese, pepper & onion. Just before serving, stir in the Frito's that have been coarsely crushed in the bag. If you don't think you'll eat the entire salad, add the crushed Frito's a handful at a time to each serving instead.

Now, if your family doesn't like onion or bell pepper leave it out!

My friend Pam gave me this recipe originally. I added the onion after I looked at some other similar recipes online. Talk about a quick recipe! This one you could put together in less than 5 minutes. Enjoy. :o)

No comments: