Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update: Chocolate Dipped Snowballs (flat in summer)

In March of 2009 I posted a recipe for these marshmallow-y ball treats. I think they must have been rather labor intensive, because I never made them again. They were really good, I just forgot about them, I guess. I needed a dessert to take to a church pot luck, and the temps have been hot hot hot. As I reviewed past posts to find something that jumped out at me, this one caused me to pause. Instead of rolling them into balls, I put the base into a 9x13 pan. Now the next size smaller pan might be better, they would get thicker. I didn't mind that they were flat, more like a cookie serving. I'll re post the recipe with the new directions. Here you go Heather!

Chocolate not-dipped flat Snowballs
1/4 cup butter
1 pkg 10 oz marshmallows
5 cups Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds Cereal
1/2 package semi sweet or dark chocolate chips(I used a little of both)

Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave and stir in cereal. Pat into a greased cake pan, save your wrapper from the butter to push down without it sticking to your hands.
Next melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until it is smooth. Pour into a Ziploc sandwich bag, pressing out as much air as you can before you zip it up. Cut a tiny piece off of one corner of the bag to use like a pastry bag. Squeeze the chocolate randomly on top of the bars. You don't have to cover it all, it looks pretty with some of the bar showing. If it's a hot day you might need to pop it into the frig for a short time to harden the chocolate. That's it kids. Done.

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

I made these today. They're currently chilling in the fridge. YUM!!!